Vista 1439 vegades, descarregada 4 vegades
a prop de Dompierre-sur-Besbre, Auvergne (France)
de laatste km is dal in, over de rivier en weer recht de berg op.
zeer gastvrij ontvangen in:
From the V th century Chantelle , on the banks of the Bouble existed a castle and a church dedicated to St. Vincent , which takes Pepin the viii th century . The abbey was originally the priory for the foundation deed dated 937 is signed by St. Odo , Abbot of Cluny ; it is entrusted to the canons of St. Augustine 's Évaux in Combraille .
The church was rebuilt in the xii th century in a Romanesque-style Auvergne and lives in 1286 the coronation of Aymar de Cros, bishop of Clermont . The priory was rebuilt in the XV th century; it is included in the castle of the Dukes of Bourbon . The castle, which was located south of the current buildings of the abbey, was home to the xvi th century 's Anne of Beaujeu , eldest daughter of Louis XI , regent of France from 1483 to 1491.
In 1527, a decree of parliament ordered the dismantling of the fortress. Richelieu complete the demolition except the priory .
At the beginning of the XVII th , the monastery in decline, has been placed under the control of the Jesuit College of Moulins .
During the Revolution, the monks were expelled and the priory was sold as national property in 1794 In 1853, the Benedictine nuns of the Abbey of Pradines buy the property and founded a community. Pope Leo XIII erected the monastery abbey in 1890 .
The Benedictine Sisters of Chantelle are specialized in the production of cosmetics and personal care products 1 , which ensure the resources of the abbey.